Oxford Reports on International Law provides full-text of decisions of international courts, domestic courts deciding issues of international law, and awards of arbitral bodies. Browse by subject areas including international humanitarian law, international human rights law, and use of force, war, peace, and neutrality. Browse by jurisdiction, both countries and courts. The database is also searchable, including within results.The Oxford Law Citator provides citations to documents and related citing cases and documents.
The website of the International Criminal Court includes decisions of the court and information on pending cases. The court's Legal Tools Database includes decisions of international criminal courts and tribunals and national courts on international criminal law and human rights, and national implementing legislation.
Materials for the International Criminal Tribunals for Yugoslavia and Rwanda can be found in:
- ICTY: Basic legal documents, cases, judgments, and the Tribunal's Rules of Procedure and Evidence and Practice Directions.
- ICTR: Basic legal documents, cases, judgments, and the Tribunal's Rules of Procedure and Evidence and Practice Directions.
- Global War Crimes Tribunal Collection (KZ 1190 .G56 1997). Multi-volume set with cases, documents, and background information from the ICTR, ICTY, International Criminal Court, and Special Court for Sierra Leone.
- International Courts and Tribunals: Selected Documents and Materials (KZ 6250 .I57 2001).
International Criminal Law
War Crimes Justice Project: International Criminal Law Services Training Materials on international criminal law and practice. Training materials developed for use in the ICTY. Training modules are on international criminal law and practice, particularly genocide and war crimes, and they include materials on defenses, procedure, sentencing, protection of witnesses, and mutual legal assistance.
Gender Jurisprudence and International Criminal Law Project (American University): Database of judgments, decisions, orders and other documents from international criminal courts and tribunals and human rights bodies on sexual and gender-based violence. Search by tribunal, human rights treaty article, keywords related to sexual and gender-based violence, and core crimes.
The International Criminal Court's Legal Tools Database has ICC documents and legal instruments, decisions of international criminal courts and tribunals and of national courts on international criminal law and human rights, and national implementing legislation.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime: Treaties related to terrorism as well as crime and drug-related treaties, legal tools including model laws and treaties, a mutual legal assistance request writer tool, a human trafficking caselaw database, and a legal library with laws on drugs, trafficking, mutual legal assistance, and other criminal laws.
Treatises in the law library on international criminal law can be found by searching discoverE by subjects including "international criminal law," "crimes against humanity," and "war crimes," or by browsing the 4th floor shelves in the K5000's and KZ7000's. Recommended titles include:
- M. Cherif Bassiouni, Introduction to International Criminal Law, 2nd Revised Ed. 2012, Proquest ebrary
- Alexander Zahar and Goran Sluiter, International Criminal Law: A Critical Introduction, K5165 .Z34 2008
- Ilias Bantekas, International Criminal Law, K5165 .B36 2010
- van Sliedregt, Individual Criminal Responsibility in International Law, Oxford Scholarship Online