Research Guides & Database Collections
Emory Goizueta Business Library: Guides and Databases
Emory Business Databases in Databases@Emory: See databases by subject under the Business heading
discoverE: Search Business Information and periodicals in the Articles tab
- Harvard Business School Library: Research Guides
- Digital Librarian: Business and Finance links
- Business Journalism.org: Guide to finding information on private companies
- Library of Congress: Guide to finding information on private companies
- CCH Intelliconnect (Law Library subscription database): CCH publications on securities, corporate governance, corporation law, banking, and bankruptcy. The service includes reporters, laws and regulations, treatises, manuals, and newsletters.
- Bloomberg BNA (Law Library subscription database): Libraries and databases including Securities, Corporate Governance, Corporate Practice. Newsletters including Corporate Counsel Weekly, Corporate Governance Report, Daily Report for Executives, Mergers & Acquisitions Law Report, Alternative Investment law Report, and Securities Regulations & Law Report. Find corporate practice portfolios, analysis of annual meetings of shareholders, corporate practice and governance law news.
Corporate Information & Financials
EDGAR: SEC filings and forms. Search companies, find SEC filings, quarterly, annual, and other reports.
Bloomberg Law: Includes a searchable EDGAR database, plus company and market information, company profiles, business news, and litigation information.
Westlaw Business Law Center: Includes a searchable EDGAR database, SEC filings, annual reports, and SEC publications.
LexisNexis Corporate Affiliations: Who Owns Whom: (Business Library Reference HG4057 .A217); available online via Lexis. Profiles of public and private companies, corporate parents and ownership, financials, executives, and outside firms including law firms.
Hoovers (Business Library database): Company profiles and information, business descriptions, executive biographies.
Standard & Poor’s NetAdvantage (Business Library database): Directory of public and private companies, analysis of large major public companies including company profile, financials, stock reports.
MarketLine Advantage (Business Library database): Company and industry profiles, market research reports.
Thomson ONE (Business Library database; use Internet Explorer only): Public company financial information, financial statements, stock prices, earnings, debt overview, deals, research reports.
BCC Research (Business Library database): Market research reports in technology and healthcare industries.
Annual Reports.com: Links to annual and 10-K reports, in pdf and html to download.
Annual Report Resource Center: Mostly historical and older annual reports.
Annual reports and SEC filings are usually available on company websites. Check the Investor Relations section.
Factiva (Databases@Emory): Business information and news, financials, business publications, the Wall Street Journal, stock quotes and tracking, company snapshots of stock price activity, key executives and financials. To search news, find subjects (including bankruptcy) as headings under Subjects>Corporation/Industrial News.
Standard & Poor’s NetAdvantage (Business Library database): Industry overviews and news. See the Outlook newsletter for news; to search The Outlook for reports on particular countries, go to Simple Search, select Outlook under Resources, then enter a company name.
Morningstar Investment Research Center (Business Library database): Data and analysis on stocks and mutual funds.
The Wall Street Journal is available online in:
- WSJ.com (Databases@Emory): Today’s e-version
- Lexis: 1984-Current
- Factiva (Databases@Emory): 1979-Current
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers (Databases@Emory): PDF images 1889-1996
The Financial Times is also available online with individual registration and password.