The Emory University library system offers holdings on corporate governance and related topics in book form. Information about these resources may be found on the library's catalog, discoveryE, and new titles are added continually to this collection. The following sources are examples of the holdings of the MacMillan Law Library and are located on the 4th floor of the library:
- James P. Hawley, Corporate Governance Failures: the role of institutional investors in the global financial crises (HB3722 .C696 2011).
- Vivien A. Beattie, Reaching Key Financial Reporting Decisions: How Directors and Auditors Interact (HF5681 .B2 B43 2011).
- John W. Cioffi, Public law and private power: corporate governance reform in the in the age of finance capitalism (HD2741 .C56 2010).
- Marc Goergen, Corporate governance and complexity theory (HD2741 .C77484 2010).
- F. Scott Kieff, Perspectives on corporate governance (KF1422 .P47 2010).
Secondary Sources - Treatises and Encyclopedias
Legal treatises are comprehensive works on a given area of law that are often a good starting point for legal research. There are a number of treatises on corporate governance-related topics that may be accessed either in print at the MacMillan Law Library or online.
Print treatises related to corporate governance are located on the 4th Floor, primarily in call numbers KF1384 - 1490 (see KFD213 for Delaware). These resources include:
- R. Franklin Balotti and Jesse A. Finkelstein, Delaware Law of Corporations and Business Organizations (KFD213.B35 1998). Also available online through CCH (Wolters Kluwer).
- Dennis J. Block, Nancy E. Barton and Stephen A. Radin, The Business Judgment Rule: fiduciary duties of corporate directors (loose-leaf service), (KF1423.B585 1989).
- James D. Cox and Thomas Lee Hazen, Corporations 2nd ed. (KF1414.C693 2003).
- Jonathan R. Macey, Macey on Corporation Laws (KF1414.M34 1998).
- Edward P. Welch, Andrew J. Turezyn and Robert S. Saunders, Folk on the Delaware general corporation law (KFD213.F5943). Also available online through CCH (Wolters Kluwer).
Electronic resource options include:
- American Law Institute, Principles of Corporate Governance: Analysis and Recommendations. Available through Hein Online and Westlaw.
- Henry Winthrop Ballantine, Ballantine on Corporations. Available online through Westlaw.
- James D. Cox, Treatise on the Law of Corporations. Available online through Westlaw.
- Stephen A. Radin, Business Judgment Rule. Available online through CCH (Wolters Kluwer).
Beyond treatises, there are several encyclopedias covering the topic of corporate governance:
- Fletcher Cyclopedia of the Law of Corporations. Available online through Westlaw.
- Fletcher Cyclopedia of the Law of Private Corporations (KF1384.F55V3 - 4th floor, Range 416). Also available online through The Making of Modern Law: Legal Treatises, 1800-1926.
- American Jurisprudence 2nd ed. Available online through Westlaw and Lexis.