Organizations and Agreements
World Intellectual Property Organization
- WIPO website: Treaties, publications, national patent laws
- WIPO Treaties: Treaties administered by WIPO, including the WIPO Convention. Treaty pages include treaty text and a summary, model forms, a summary, member states, and additional information.
- WIPO Lex IP law database with national laws and treaties. Intellectual property legislation by country, with citations, dates, cross-references, and text in official languages, English, and French.
WTO TRIPS and Intellectual Property
The World Trade Organization has the TRIPS (Trade-related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights) agreement on the WTO website, with documents, publications notifications by members to the Council for TRIPS on member state policies on intellectual property protection.
USPTO (US Patent & Trademark Office)
USPTO International intellectual property page (Office of Policy and International Affairs): Links to international and regional intellectual property organizations, treaties, and other information.
Foreign Patent Offices
- European Patent Office: includes the Official Journal of the EPO in PDF, the European Patent Convention, national law, and caselaw
- European patent databases on Westlaw: include EPO Patents, French Patents, German Patents, and United Kingdom Patents
- United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office
- Japanese Patent Office
- WIPO Directory of National Intellectual Property Offices