Finding a Topic
The following sources can be helpful when choosing or revising a topic (just don’t forget to also do a preemption check by searching working papers and law review articles to make sure your tentative topic hasn’t already been written on).
Bloomberg BNA resource: Published weekly on Tuesdays and offers a nationally oriented guide to important new federal and state cases, legislation, trends and issues. Coverage from August 1996 to date.
- Family Law Prof Blog
- Forum on Law, Culture & Society
- Gender and the Law Prof Blog
- Reproductive Rights Prof Blog
- Feminist Law Professors
Current events (via databases available at Emory University)
- Ethnic NewsWatch: A full-text collection of U. S. newspapers, magazines, and journals of ethnic, minority, and native presses. Coverage 1960 to present.
- Gender Watch: Provides publications that focus on the impact of gender across a broad spectrum of subject areas.
- Women Watch (UN Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality): Information, resources, and reports on women and human rights.
DVD’s related to family law included in the Law Library’s collection (located on the 2nd Floor behind the Service Desk):
- I Am a Girl [about growing up female in several different countries] (2014], DVD No. 713
- Call Me Kuchu [about David Kato and Uganda] (2013), DVD No. 603, in Law Library
- Justice for Sale: Confession of Rape in Congo (2012), DVD No. 423
- Red Wedding: Women Under the Khmer Rouge (2012), DVD No. 446
- Conceiving Family [about adoption in Canada] (2011), DVD No. 17602
- Mothers of Bedford [about mothers in prison] (2011), DVD No. 640
- The Price of Sex [about human trafficking and sexual slavery] (2011), DVD No. 443
- Invoking Justice [about family disputes in Southern India] (2011), DVD No. 417
- Saving Face [about acid attacks in Pakistan] (2011), DVD No. 422
- Made in India [about surrogacy] (2010), DVD No. 439
- Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement (2010), DVD No. 15005
- For My Wife: The Making of an Activist for Marriage Equality (2010), DVD No. 16827
- Mrs. Goundo's Daughter [about female genital cutting] (2009), DVD No. 392
- Quest for honor [about “honor killing”] (2009), DVD No. 425
- Sin by silence [about violence against women] (2009), DVD No. 600