Where are the Archives at Emory?
For purposes of your research, there are two primary archival collections at Emory: the collections at the Rose Library and the Emory Law Archives. The Rose Manuscript, Archives and Rare Book Library can be found on the 10th floor of the Woodruff Library. The Emory Law Archives are located on the 1st floor of the MacMillan Law Library.
Rose Manuscript, Archives and Rare Book Library
The Rose Library is a closed-stacks collection, which means you will need to visit the library to view the collection. More information on a visit to Rose Library can be found below:
The link above provides detailed instructions on best practices for accessing the materials in the Rose Library. Resources in the Rose Library can be found using either:
Emory Finding Aids database (database providing access to descriptions of Emory's unique primary sources)
discoverE (Emory's library catalog for all materials in Emory's eight libraries)
Once you have prepared for your research visit and located some sources you would like to see you can make an appointment to do research in the Rose Library Reading Room:
Emory Law Archives
The Emory Law Archives are located on the 1st floor of the MacMillan Law Library and contain various records of Emory Law School, along with other archival and manuscript collections. The web site for the Emory Law Archives can be found at the link below. It contains discriptions of the collections along with tips for using them.
The Emory Law Archives uses the same finding aids database as Rose Library. Below are links to the database, with a second link directly to all of the finding aids for only the Emory Law Archives:
Below are selected publications found in the Emory Law Archives:
- Emory Lawyer (magazine), 1978-2015
- Emory Law Times (law student newspaper), 1974-1988
- Advance Sheet (newsletter), 1965-1976
- Emory Law News (newsletter), 1992-2000
- Emory Legal News (newsletter), 1938-1939
- Emory Law School Publications, Series 2: Directories, 1938-2009
Selected Collections in the Emory Law Archives include:
- Emory Law School special programs records, 1964-2005
- Student Organizations records, 1952-1999
- Emory Law School Historical Information collection, 1942-2009
- Emory Law School Directories, 1986-2007