Finding a Topic
The following sources can be helpful when choosing or revising a topic (just don’t forget to also do a preemption check by searching working papers and law review articles to make sure your tentative topic hasn’t already been written on).
Bloomberg BNA resources: Published weekly and offer a nationally oriented guide to important new federal and state cases, legislation, trends and issues. Coverage generally from the mid-1990s to the present:
- Civil Rights Law & Policy Blog
- Forum on Law, Culture & Society
- Gender and the Law Prof Blog
- Reproductive Rights Prof Blog
- Family Law Prof Blog
- Constitutional Law Prof Blog (Ruthann Robson is an editor)
- Feminist Law Professors
Current events (via Woodruff Library databases):
- Ethnic NewsWatch: A full-text collection of U. S. newspapers, magazines, and journals of ethnic, minority, and native presses. Coverage 1960 to present.
- GenderWatch: Provides publications that focus on the impact of gender across a broad spectrum of subject areas.
- WomenWatch (UN Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality): Information, resources, and reports on women and human rights.
DVDs related to feminist legal theory included in the MacMillan Law Library’s collection (located on the 2nd Floor behind the Service Desk):
- LaDonna Harris Indian 101 [Native American] (2014), DVD No. 665
- Reflections Unheard: Black Women in Civil Rights (2013), DVD No. 656
- Six Days, Three Activists, Three Wars, One Dream (2013), DVD No. 666
- Justice for Sale: Confession of Rape in Congo (2012), DVD No. 423
- Red Wedding: Women Under the Khmer Rouge (2012), DVD No. 446
- The Grey Area [about women in prison] (2012), DVD No. 641
- Mothers of Bedford [about mothers in prison] (2011), DVD No. 640
- The Price of Sex [about human trafficking and sexual slavery] (2011), DVD No. 443
- Invoking Justice [about family disputes in Southern India] (2011), DVD No. 417
- Saving Face [about acid attacks in Pakistan] (2011), DVD No. 422
- Made in India [about surrogacy] (2010), DVD No. 439
- The Vienna Tribunal [Global Tribunal on Violations of Women's Human Rights] (2010), DVD No. 438
- Mrs. Goundo's Daughter [about female genital surgeries] (2009), DVD No. 392
- Quest for honor [about “honor killing”] (2009), DVD No. 425
- Sin by silence [about violence against women] (2009), DVD No. 600