All hours worked for a professor MUST be recorded using the Time & Attendance System (TAS). For regular hours, please record your time via KRONOS. For anomalies or instances where KRONOS was not used, please either use the Emory University Timecard Adjustments System (ETAS) to enter corrections or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your hours worked.
KRONOS is an automated system for recording hours worked. It allows you to use the telephone to record your hours worked with your Employee ID number. KRONOS automatically calculates your total hours for the pay period, so a paper timesheet is not required.
You are identified in KRONOS by a 9 digit Employee ID number. The number consists of your current 7 digit Employee ID plus a 2 digit record number (00, 01, 02, etc). Please be sure to use the correct 9 digit Employee ID for each job. Students/temporary employees who have or have had more than one Emory job will have multiple employee numbers. The difference may only be the last digit. You are able to check hours worked by using ETAS or the Clocking Transaction Report available on the University’s Finance page.
All existing, new hire and rehire student employees can access their direct deposit pay stubs via the PeopleSoft Self-Service web site at www.finance.emory.edu. If you experience problems, please call the ITD help desk at (404) 727-7777.
Requesting Your Employee ID from KRONOS
Before you may begin working as a Student Employee, you must obtain an Employee ID. To request an Employee ID, first, go to http://www.hr.emory.edu/Orientation and complete the following forms:
- Section 1 of the I-9
- W-4 federal tax form
- G-4 state tax form
- Direct Deposit authorization
After completing these online documents, you will need to bring Emory Law Payroll (office G565 – 5th floor) documentation of established identity and employment. Examples of acceptable documents are:
- Your unexpired passport
- Your current driver’s license AND Social Security card
- Foreign Passport + I-94 +I-20
Once your KRONOS Employee ID is activated, you will receive an email from Emory Law Payroll that includes:
- Your 9 digit Employee ID number that identifies you with a job and department,
- The instructions on using the system to call to clock in and out and to check your hours worked,
- The phone numbers for accessing KRONOS, and
- The instructions on using the system and the phone number to call to clock in and out.
Only then can an Employee ID be created for you. You cannot begin working until you have received an Employee ID.
Recording Hours in KRONOS
To clock in/out in KRONOS:
- Dial 2-6666 from a designated phone in your work area. (For offsite clock in/out use 404-712-9350.)
- Enter your 9 digit Employee ID number provided on your KRONOS information card.
- Enter 1 to clock in.
- Enter 9 to clock out.
- Hang up AFTER you hear the thank you message so that your information will be recorded.
Note: KRONOS “rounds” the time to the nearest 15 minutes, based on 7½ minute intervals. For example, 9:07 rounds to 9:00 while 9:08 rounds to 9:15 and 9:25 rounds to 9:30.
- Your employee number must be kept confidential. Do not have anybody clock in or out for you.
- If you work off campus or at a remote location, please see your timekeeper for the off campus phone number. You must be authorized in advance to use this number.
- If you make a mistake during telephone entry of your information, simply hit the * or asterisk button twice on the keypad or hang up before you hear the thank you message.
- If you miss a clocked transaction during the work day, such as failing to clock in or clock out, KRONOS will automatically notify you via the Emory e-mail system via your business e-mail address recorded in the e-profile system.
All students are required to respond to requests to complete or correct their time records. Any unresolved errors will result in the deletion of the incomplete time record and prevent payment for time reportable on that day. One email to LAWPAYROLL@EMORY.EDU is sufficient. As timekeepers, we do not check the system daily; therefore, you may receive multiple messages indicating that you forgot to clock in/out. Once you have replied to the specific inquiry, you can delete all future messages about the same time discrepancy
For department specific information and other special circumstances, please contact your timekeeper.
For general information on KRONOS, please contact Payroll at 404-727-6100